Please complete the following steps to join AAGS and pay your dues
Step 1: Determine your AAGS membership category
- Active: Active membership is for those at institutions with surgical training program, who are involved or interested in creating an Academic Global Surgery program. Must be board certified or equivalent by the credentialing or standards, body in their country of practice.
- Affiliate: Affiliate Membership is for anyone who actively participates in or supports Academic Global Surgery work, but does not fit into the other AAGS membership categories. For example, physician extenders, program managers, coordinators, administrators, or those involved in allied professions, social sciences, non-surgical fields, or non-medical fields.
- Emeritus: Emeritus Membership is for those who are retired from practice or over the age of 65 who has been a dues paying member for 3 years and/or may request this status from the membership committee.
- Associate: Associate Membership is for surgical residents, trainees, clinical officers, house officers, fellows, or registrars interested in pursuing Academic Global Surgery.
- Student: For students, from medicine to global health who are interested in pursuing Academic Global Surgery.
Step 2: Determine the income status of the country of your primary practice
- Each membership category is broken down by income status of the country of your primary practice. You will need to visit the World Bank Countries Data to determine this information.
- Find your country. The income status is listed in blue in the right-most column of the World Bank page
- Key: HIC = High Income Country, MIC = Middle Income Country, LIC = Low Income Country
Step 3: Fill out your respective membership category form
We recently launched a new set of membership forms to collect more comprehensive data about our membership. Please, fill out your respective membership form so that we may update your membership information.
Step 4: Select your membership level below and pay your dues
Please note, Emeritus and Student members do not have to complete this step as there are no dues for these categories. Student applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis by InciSioN.